Cream Of Rice: Pre Workout Concoction Bowl Recipe

Today i teach you how to make Cream of Rice. I call this the Concoction bowl and it is one of my go to pre workout meals. You will need cream of rice, sugar free chocolate syrup, some kind of nut butter. Just follow the steps in this video and enjoy. Let me know how you like it and if you want me to cook any other foods for future videos.

For more great cooking videos please click the link below.

Cream of Rice is a hot breakfast cereal made from ground rice. … Cream of rice is also a sweet dessert, made from milk fat and solids, sugar, flavoring, a stabilizer, which is usually gelatin, and sometimes eggs, fruits, or nuts.

Make sure you like the video share the video and subscribe to the channel. And if you would like me to answer any of you question please ask them in the comment section.

Pre workout meal,pre workout,cooking video,cream of rice,how to make cream of rice

1. Mr. O says:

Sir John… is it advisable to take this for an endomorph who is insulin resistant and is on the path of losing weight (15 pounds left to reach goal weight) via ketogenic diet??? I mean after reaching goal weight i wonder if i start carbs again to gain muscle. Will this pre workout meal help me at that stage???

2. I have been making a variation of this for years pre workout- except that I use oatmeal instead when or rice cakes when I'm time pressed. I also tend to use an array of nut butters- almond/cashew/peanut,etc to keep a more diverse nutrient selection in my diet.

Are rice cakes digesting at a similar rate as cream of rice? I would imagine so.

3. mikey777666 says:

With fast digesting, wouldn't this be better post work out!? I swear i ate pre and ended up hypo (low blood sugar) durning my workout.

4. DMFITPT says:

@mountaindog1 am currently loading for my comp and have juat dicovered cream if rice…i cant get enough of it and cant wait to try this when i add some more fats in my diet…for now will settle for he sugar free syrup :)

5. 0000 says:

Do you think eating cream or rice or oats uncooked in a shake blending with whey isolate is ok to eat or always cooked ?

6. Wish I could get cream of rice in Australia πŸ˜”

7. The magic ingredient must be the bowl πŸ˜‰ This is going to be one of my staples for pre workout meal!

8. Ethan Frame says:

Awesome can't wait to try this. Actually never had cream of rice – would you say that it digests easier than oatmeal? That's what I currently eat pre-workout

9. Bruce Jones says:

How early leading up to a contest would you cut this out of your diet if you do?

10. Greg Benson says:

Looks good I"am gonna give that a try thanks for sharing your awesome video

11. xGamerGuy says:

I’ve been doing this for years! But I add chocolate whey powder instead of the syrup. Still amazing!

12. WEIRD how you didn't where the Microwave Start Bottom was at! LOL

13. Chris Bartl says:

I love your measuring techniques!!

14. It's also great if you add the scoop of ISO whey into the actual bowl. Mixes great and tastes even better in my opinion. Great video John

15. Phillip Lee says:

John do you think adding fats to every carb meal you have is a good idea?

16. Will try this next week thanks

17. How long would you wait to train after eating that?

18. Travis says:

You and Juji both on the Cream of Rice train, I'm starting to think there might be something to it.

19. Slim Shady says:

John why didn't you fill the measuring cup all the way when you were pouring out the cream of rice? I'm not weighing anything right now because I'm lean bulking so I'm more lax on my diet, but whenever I have cream of rice I usually fill my 1/2 cup almost till its full. Have I been eating way more than I thought lol

20. bboyabe says:

I cant seem to find cream of rice anywhere here in ottawa… would cream of wheat work?

21. This has literally become my preworkout ritual meal. Can't live without it. I do like to use a lot of extra water to mix the whey in and I stay nice and full during my workout, but it's fats digesting. I love it

22. That looks so good! Do you think this is enough to have pre workout if I workout first thing in the morning? I'm on about 4000 calories a day and usually wake up pretty damn hungry and if I could have this instead of an omelet and oatmeal that would be a huge time saver! Thanks for the videos John!

23. M. Thunder says:

Awesome recipe and looks easy to eat and digest! Quick question John, how long before your workout do you usually consume this?

24. Ken Campbell says:

At first it was oatmeal, but then Jujimufu and yourself got me to try the cream of rice and now Its an everyday pre-workout. I cook 1/4 c on the stovetop with a little coco oil for fat and whey added. I'm type 1 diabetic so I was weary of how my bs was gonna spike but I think since i've incorporated it my body has adjusted and I'm benefitting from the fuel. Now I'm using recovery factor x in the morning too…..keeping a close watch on sugar levels tho pushing 70 carbs pre and intra workout – wish my pancreas worked :(….thanks John!

25. Been trying this after watching the day in the life. Awesome pre workout meal!

26. I've been having this for pre workouts for several years now since I've seen it on one of your videos years ago!

27. Body comp says:

Can you use cream of rice any other time of day as a snack? Sorry for the triple comments

28. Body comp says:

I have 3 boxes of cream of rice, I will now use it!

29. Body comp says:

At 1:47 I had the volume all the way up and it scared the hell out of me..lol omg

30. THE Xericko says:

Can i eat this as a snack ??

31. farlese42 says:

Looks delicious but not very filling

32. Chris James says:

John. Your thoughts on the recent studies showing arsenic poisoning in rice? Curious since you eat the cream of rice a lot.

33. Cream of wheat, cream of rice are my favorites. Peanut butter, bananas, chocolate, cinnamon, butter ,

There many different ways to use these in your diet. πŸ‘πŸΌ

34. It's DELICIOUS. Just tried it. Man… Thank you.

35. Blake Eaton says:

Got this exact stuff at the grocery store today! Can’t wait to try it out! πŸ‘πŸ»

36. MightyThor says:

would you recommend that during a contest prep?

37. xTheR3alMJx says:

FINALLY! So glad to see you refeem yourself after that soupy catastrophe from the MD day in the life video

38. 614Lyfe says: