PAUL CHEK ON THE POST-WORKOUT MEAL MYTH: Protein? Carbs?

A question was posed regarding post-workout meals and how much protein their-in. It’s a very common myth that you need to ingest a large slug of protein immediately after a meal, as if that protein goes straight to the freshly damaged muscles, yet, this is not at all how the body works. What is most important are the glycogen stores which need replenishment, otherwise, catabolism / gluconeogenisis become a post-post-workout at the cellular level.

water emoto cure treatment drugs sleep symptoms reaction diet protein fat attitude self help personal power will spirituality mercola scooby1961 psychetruth natalie

1. Thanks Paul for this information.

2. OzzyOwlis says:

Hey Paul, and anyone reading. Would cashews be a good post work out "snack"? I often carry around a bag of organic cashews and they're the first thing that comes to mind when i think about what i could eat or drink straight after a gym session. Would they be appropriate, or should i pack an extra fruit or something?

3. Jake H says:

Actually the claim:" Higher the metabolism, the more absorption there is of post workout nutrition" is incorrect or misleading. There is two types of metabolism: anabolic and catabolic.

Catabolic processes and sympatic nervous system are activated during workout and when you are still sweating, if you were talking about the increased rate of metabolism due workout. This means that the amount of anabolic processes is decreases, since they go hand in hand.

So, when body is in catabolic state the amount of blood flowing though intestines decreased implying that the speed of digestion is decreases too.

Also the blood glucagon levels are elevated during the workout. This means that the cellular nutrition absorption is decreased.

All of this adds up to the fact that actually after workout eaten food breaks down slower. This doesn't exclude the fact that post workout food is more important than it would otherwise be.

4. what a fraud, there is NO post workout window!

5. Likely increased blood pressure helps push nutrients into the cells…movement helps.

6. John W says:

What about pasteurized milk is that all dead???

7. My best friend had very severe yeast infection ever since the lady was 16. She’s now 32 and only just last year got rid of her yeast infection. She found out about the Yeast Infection Destroyer (Google it) and at long last stumbled upon a process to get rid of this horrific challenge. It is possible to successfully treat your yeast infection if you would like. You just need a suitable remedy.

8. Yo yo… Fantastic film.

My younger brother was once overweight. He went from 279lbs of fat to 202lbs of full-strength lean muscle mass. Everyone was in shock. I just registered myself coz I'm going to enhance my body shape. He used the Muscle Building Bible (Google it)…

9. superbrows93 says:

Sounds like Paul's reading off a script

10. BleachRoxorz says:

ridiculously overpriced. i mean it's good, but honestly it's just ridiculous to pay that much for something you can do just make yourself.

11. Mitu Khan says:

Hello there, have you considered "MuscLeader" (just search Google)? On their website you will find a smart free video showing the right way to grow noticeable muscle mass easily whilst burning excess fat simultaneously. Chris and plenty other guys experienced positive results using this approach. Hopefully it works for you as well.

12. Good day! I'm Jessica.I did -25 lbs past 30 days.Open hawght.so#xv6V

13. Robert White says:

I was thinking about buying shakeology. Is this a waste or is it actually beneficial and good for you as they claim?

14. ledz03 says:

The difference between his product and the products he is referring to in the video is quite simple, but I'm not surprised you couldn't grasp the concept since you probably don't read many books and therefore you don't see the potential in them.

Buy a book once and read it and apply the ideas and concepts into your life. You will benefit immensely as long as you live. The products he refers to in the video are drugs and supplements that are merely quick fixes you will need to buy continuously.

15. Hi Paul,
    Do you like the concept of early morning fasted weight training?

16. Zac robb says:

he charges $500/hour as a life style coach and he also travels the world giving lectures

17. there is no better product than nature <3

18. yes and this was uploaded by himslef and he isnt funded by a huge multi million dollar promo company

19. john alessio says:

thank you so much for the information

20. Amith Ishara says:

If you want to burn off fat quickly, you should google Trim Fat Maximizer. That might help you get the body you deserve.

21. Squid Wha says:

How do you suppose he makes a living?

22. venalama193 says:

My family laughed when I told them I would burn up fat with Ultra Slimming Formula, but then I showed them the results. Google Ultra Slimming Formula to see their reaction.

23. Rhodri Owen says:

not really dying is it, there is a reason for spacing out the foods, as its better reducing your insulin levels which helps with fatloss, which some people want

24. Sam M says:

6-7 meals? you're misinformed my friend. eating small meals as no effect on anything 3 meals is the same thing common myth that is dying

25. lol, guess you come straight from the tmw army

26. Elite1987 says:

Well, at least you have the first part right. The second part is even more bollocks. What matters is your total nutrient intake in a 24-48 hour window. Since I've done intermittent fasting (1-2 meals per day after fasting 16-20+hours) I've had less cravings, more satiating meals, better workouts and I'm stronger and leaner than ever.

27. Practical wisdom, backed by science and great sense of humor.